There are a few reasons why you wouldn’t be able to connect to the Internet, but only a few are related to your VPN. Follow the steps below to see if your VPN is preventing your device from connecting to the Internet:
- Check your Kill Switch. If you have your VPN Kill Switch on and aren’t connected to a PrivadoVPN server, it's working as intended. You can fix this issue by either turning off your Kill Switch or connecting to the PrivadoVPN network. We recommend connecting to a VPN server so your data remains private.
- Reconnect to the network. The server you’re on might be non-responsive for any number of reasons. Try disconnecting from the network and immediately reconnecting to the same geographic location. This should change you to another, active server.
- Change your VPN protocol. There may be a connection error associated with a particular VPN protocol. By changing your VPN protocol, you will be subjected to different connection rules which might resolve the issue.
- Change your DNSs. If you have successfully connected to the VPN but are unable to browse, we recommend trying to additionally amend your DNS parameters.
Please change the DNS for your main (but not VPN) network connection (normally it's ethernet or wireless with a green signal bar image).
- Go into "Settings" > "Network and Internet" > "VPN" > "Change adapter options".
- Right-click on the "Local Area Connection" (wireless or broadband if you are using one), and choose "Properties".
- Click the "Properties" button.
Select "Use the following DNS server addresses:" and put the following numbers in:
Click Ok, then Apply, and reconnect the VPN.
Please change your DNS for your main (but not VPN) network connection (usually, it is Ethernet or wireless):
- Go to the Apple menu (apple icon top left-hand of the screen) and select "System Settings...".
- Open Network.
- Select the network that you are currently using and click on Details.
- Switch to the "DNS" tab in the left bar.
- Click "+" button and put the following numbers in, and click "OK".
- Click "OK".
- Reconnect the VPN.