This guide is for the installation and use of the PrivadoVPN Android app on Google Play:
1. After installation, open the App, and you'll see the screen where you can press "Sign up" (if you want to create a new PrivadoVPN account) or "Log in" (if you already have an account):
2. Press the "Sign up" button if you want to create a new PrivadoVPN account:
3. Press the "Log in" button If you already have an account with us:
4. Once logged in, you will see the Server Connection Screen (when you log in for the first time, you may see a connection request > please click "OK" to proceed):
5. From here, you may tap on the "Tap to Connect" button to connect to the "Best Available" server for your current connection/location. This will be the fastest and easiest way to secure your connection with the PrivadoVPN app.
6. Alternatively, select a VPN server from the list if you need a specific country/city:
7. From the main screen, you can switch to the "Control Tower" tab to activate and manage options such as Threats, Family Security, and Social:
"Event Statistics" display the number of threats that were blocked once the filters were turned on.
Account & App Settings Menu
Tapping the hamburger (3 bars) icon in the top left corner will take you to the App Settings Menu.
Here you will see the VPN, VPN Protocols, Smart Route, Application, Account, and Support options:
Here you can activate the Kill Switch, Always-on VPN, and Auto Connect options:
Kill Switch is a feature in the PrivadoVPN app that automatically disconnects your computer, phone, or tablet from the Internet if your VPN connection drops out.
Always-on VPN is a feature that can start a VPN service when the device boots and keep it running while the device or work profile is on (available in Android 7.0 or higher).
Auto Connect – enabling this option will force the App to automatically connect to the selected option:
- Best Location – the best available server based on your current network environment
- Previously saved location – the last server that you successfully connected to
- Random – Randomly selected server based on the servers currently available
Here you can change the VPN protocol options for the App.
Automatic – The PrivadoVPN App will choose the best protocol for your network environment.
IKEv2 – This is a stable and secure protocol; it is recommended for most network conditions.
Wireguard – This is a new, open-source, and very fast (compared to previous standards) VPN protocol that uses advanced cryptography.
OpenVPN – This protocol can be used when a specific protocol (TCP/UDP) and/or port is needed:
UDP is a better choice for live video and audio or online games where speed is more important than potential data loss. We also offer UDP ports 1194, 443, 8080, and 8443 in cases when your ISP or local transit carrier throttles certain ports. If UDP fails, try TCP.
TCP is the better option if you are having issues maintaining a stable connection or need increased security of connection without packet loss. It is also recommended for countries with restrictive Internet. We also offer TCP ports 1194, 443, 8080, and 8443 in case your ISP or local transit carrier throttles certain ports.
Scramble helps to disguise and hide VPN traffic. This is especially useful in network environments that restrict OpenVPN traffic/ports.
This option allows you to include or exclude applications from VPN:
The Application area shows the current App version.
Shows the Email address and Username of the account that is currently logged in:
View Application Data – this menu is used for viewing the connection log and/or troubleshooting with our Support Team:
Copy – Tap the "Copy LOG" button to copy the log to send in messages and/or save it to your device (NOTE: you will see "Copied to the clipboard" at the bottom of the screen when the log is copied).
Share – The "Share file" button is used for sending the log.txt file using Apps installed on your device.
Clear – This button clears the log screen.
If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us via our Support Form at https://support.privadovpn.com/new
**Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
**"WireGuard" is a registered trademark of Jason A. Donenfeld.