Jan 20, 2021
- Download the OpenVPN Connect client from the Play Store.
- Download the OpenVPN server configuration files here: https://privadovpn.com/apps/ovpn_configs.zip
- If your Android device can unzip files, you can download and extract the ovpn_configs.zip file directly on your device.
- Alternatively, you can use a computer to download the ovpn_configs.zip file and unzip the servers configuration files.
- You can then email the server's .ovpn files to your Android device, or plug the Android device into your computer to move the files over.
- Launch the OpenVPN Connect app and if you are already on the 'Import Profile' screen, choose the 'FILE' tab to start adding a profile.
- If you already have profiles loaded in your app, you will need to either click '+' button in the lower right or the menu icon in the top left and choose 'Import Profile'.
- Locate where you downloaded the .ovpn file from step 2, select it, and then hit the 'IMPORT' button.
- Enter your Username and Password.
- Check the 'Save password' box if you don't want to enter the password each time you connect.
- Click the 'Connect' button at the bottom and hit 'continue' on the Select Certificate popup.
- To disconnect, you can tap the green bar in the profile to set it back to a disconnected state. If you are looking at the status of the connection, simply click the 'DISCONNECT' button.
- You will not need to select a certificate. Press continue if the prompt asks you to select one.
- If you wish to add another server, you can repeat instructions starting at #3 to import another .ovpn file.
- If you run into any issues, please contact our support team through our support center.
Note: The OpenVPN files correspond with airport codes to shorten file names. More info can be found here.