It’s only necessary to set up Smart DNS Proxy one time in order to use it. After you set up Smart DNS proxy, you don’t have to follow these steps. Your connection will automatically use the correct DNS settings.
--- --- ---
It’s very simple to set up Smart DNS Proxy with most routers and modems. You can set your preferred DNS to use Privado’s DNS proxy IP addresses, then it’ll be ready to go.
1. Go to your router Admin Panel.
Open a web browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari and go to the Bell Aliant Speedstream web admin. This can be accessed by going to the address http://192.168.2.1/
2. Login to your router Admin Panel.
Your default username and password should be “admin”. Keep in mind that these are all lower case. Be sure to change your router password when you get into the admin panel so that other people won’t be able to access your router settings.
When you find and enter the correct credentials, you’ll be in the router dashboard.
3. Press the Advanced icon in the top right of the screen, then select Home Network.
4. From this screen, you can press the Advanced Settings button followed by Configure the Local Home Networking modem Ip Network. Finally, press the Custom Settings link.
5. Change the Primary and Secondary DNS.
Set Primary and Secondary Server to the following:
Primary DNS: 18.104.22.168
Secondary DNS: 22.214.171.124
NOTE: Make sure that “Use WAN” is not checked.
6. Click the Apply button.
7. Restart your Router.
We recommend that you restart your router whenever you make any settings changes. Many routers will automatically restart when you save new settings, but just in case it’s a good idea to manually restart anyway.