Aug 23, 2021
- Push the Windows key and type 'vpn' and click 'Change virtual private networks'
- Click "Add a VPN connection" in the Network & Internet Settings window
- When the "Add a VPN connection" window pops up, fill in the following information:
- VPN provider: select Windows (built-in) from the drop down
- Connection Name: type name that you will recognize for the connection (ex. PrivadoVPN New York Server)
- Server name or address: (choose a server here) (ex. dca-001.vpn.privado.io).
- VPN Type: select IKEv2 from the drop down
- Type of sign-in info: leave the default "User name and password"
- User name: type your PrivadoVPN username
- Password: type your PrivadoVPN password
- Remember my sign-in info can be unchecked if you would like to login each time you connect
- Click the connect button on the VPN you created, after which you should be connected. If you run into any issues, please contact support though our support center.
- Once you have the VPN connection setup, you can connect by clicking the Windows key and typing VPN and clicking 'Change virtual private networks' to bring up the Network and Internet page. There you will find a list of your VPN connections, to connect click the connect button on the selected server. Another way to connect is though your network status icon down at the bottom-right of your taskbar, click the network icon and then select the VPN of your choice.