*Manual configuration is available to Premium users only.
**Compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11.
1. Download and install the OpenVPN GUI application:
2. To download your OpenVPN configuration files, click here. Now you can find the downloaded file in your browser Downloads folder or in the folder you specified previously:
3. Right-click on the .zip file and choose "Extract to ovpn_configs/ folder" to unzip the archive:
4. Right-click on the OpenVPN GUI icon on your desktop and choose "Run as administrator". This will launch the app and create a little icon in the shape of the computer screen and the lock on your taskbar:
5. Right-click on the OpenVPN GUI icon on the taskbar menu and choose "Import" -> "Import file...":
6. Go to the ovpn_configs folder and choose what configuration files you would like to upload, then press the "Open" button. To understand what location each config file corresponds to, please visit your Privado Admin page: https://app.privadovpn.com/en/server-list or https://app.privado.live/en/server-list.
7. After that, you will see a message that the file has been successfully imported:
8. Right-click on the OpenVPN GUI icon on the taskbar menu and choose "Connect":
9. When a successful connection is established, you will see the badge notice as shown below. Press "Disconnect" whenever you need to disable your VPN connection:
All done: you have successfully connected to PrivadoVPN! You can additionally verify your new VPN location by visiting the Privado website and checking the top bar:
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us via our Support Form at https://support.privado.live/new.